Nowadays building of the Theatre Hybernia including its surroundings remembers really long history. The site was already used by Praguers before the foundation of the New Town of Prague, e. g. before 1348. For example in the September 1310 the place eyewitnessed breaking of the Old Town city walls by Meissen troops, on contrary the same year in December legal ruler bohemian king John of Luxembourg did not get through it. The ground became a part of newly founded New Town of Prague after 1348 and few years later became the place of the first monastery - given to brethren Franciscans at the occasion of the coronation of Charles IV as the king of Lombardy by iron crown in Milano. Three decades late there is already standing opposite Royal´s Court - before the end of 14th Century, used by couple of the rulers as Wenceslas IV, Sigismund Luxembourg, Albrecht and others. Magic ground of the Theatre Hybernia remembers also the year 1373 as the breaking of old city walls and setting up the first Prague “boulevard” - the Dlážděná (cobbled), nowadays Hybernská Street. The place remembers devastation of 15th Century. There were finally again after 1629 brethren Franciscans are coming, this time from Ireland (Hibernia), from which survives the name of the building. In the middle of 17th Century starts the construction of the church - later on rebuilt into the theatre. The author of the project is renowned architect of Italian origin Carlo Lurago. From time to time the city became the target of the siege as for example that by Prussians in the year 1752 and the monastery was part of their interest. Thirty years later, in 1785 during the Emperor´s Joseph II reforms the monastery was abolished. New owner - count Sweerts-Sporck - after its purchase - planned opening of the Theatre. Anyway the theatre performances in small range were already undergoing here, in the sacristy, but the Maecenas died earlier then he could realize his plans. So the building was transformed into the custom house after the beginning of 19th Century Louis Montoyer and Prague professor of the architecture Jiří Fischer. The actual appearance of the building dates back from this period. During 20th Century the space served as an exhibition place and from 2006 the theatre has returned back here - this time in most of cases it is musical genre which attracts audience.